Saturday, July 10, 2010

March 23, 1968 Billboard Magazine Mentions Children of the Mushroom


Well, while enjoying a little wifi time at a Ventura Starbucks I happened on this internet archived March 23rd 1968 (page28, see highlighted area) Billboard Magazine which mentions radio station KELP located in El Paso Texas. Their program music director/deejay, Charlie Russell, picked Children of the Musroom's "You Cant Erase A Mirror" for the Best Leftfiled Happening. The El Paso area is where this song took off in a regional breakout which resulted in Children of the Mushroom charting.

Billboard's own definition: Best Leftfield Pick is a record by a new artist/established artist who hasn't had a hit recently that has a chance to go all the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen's Planet said...

Hi - just wanted to write a quick note to let you know that I follow your blog with nostalgic interest. You likely don't remember me - I barely remember myself so many years ago - I was a 1967 TO grad. Anyway, thanks for a few memories - love it! Karen McCarthy (Pettyjohn)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Dennis Swanson said...

Hi Karen, my mind is probably fuzzier than yours. Our grad class in 1967 was huge how could we have known everyone? I'm glad you have found some enjoyment in this humble blog. One of the reasons I started it was doing something with a few ole memories of the band days in Thousand Oaks.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged

See blogs and businesses for USA