Friday, October 07, 2005

Tony Sanchez...



Here is the frontside and backside of lyrics found with a very used copy of the 45 record recorded in 1968 by Children of The Mushroom. Also a partial copy of the email sent today by Tony.

"I found it in Oceanside, Calif at a thrift shop called DAV on Coast Highway. With it came a receipt for what looks like a recording session and a handwritten notebook page with the lyrics from both tracks written on each side. I found the second copy of the 45 in Santee, Calif. (SanDiego area). Unfortunately both copies were not in great shape, which is a shame, as they're superb psychedelia."

Here is the post that I made and Tonys answer over a year ago on Beyond The beat Generation web site.

Children of the Mushroom: Posted on February 21, 2004 at 01:13:52 PM by Dennis ...Drummer

Very glad you have a copy of the 45. I lost mine in 1971 off the top of my car where I had set it before getting in. The band was from Thousand Oaks , Ca. We all went to Thousand Oaks High.


Children of the Mushroom: Posted on April 25, 2004 at 09:34:22 PM by Tony Sanchez

Hi, I think after your copy of the 45 flew off the top of your car it rolled down into the gutter and found its way into a thrift shop. Like Moptop Mikes' mine is beat too. But the copy I found in the thrift shop also had had written lyrics on some notebook paper and some sort of recording document for the band. To date, I've found two copies in thrift shops, both playable but VG- at best condition. A great 45!! Tony

1 Comments:

Blogger Dennis Swanson said...

By the way these lyrics are not correct! They are a puzzlement to us in the band.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged

See blogs and businesses for USA